Friday, March 25, 2022

FFF - Better

 

The doctor says I'm doing better. Ponder, if you will, the state this life of mine might be better than. Do you see the problem? Tell me you see.

The cat is back. I tried to tell the orderlies but they won't listen. The cat is back and this time I promise I'll behave. This time I promise. The cat.

No. I reached out and let it sniff me and it was like I was back in his bedroom, only that cat was gray. I think. He kissed me and I promise I'll behave. This time.

No time like the present. The drugs are wearing off like they always do and the cat is back and this time I won't behave, I will follow. Back through the grove of trees, back to his bower, back to his arms. He cannot reject me. Not again.


So short this week. I could have written a lot more, but maybe it's best kept short.

Something very melancholy about this image. I don't know why. Not that the cat is black; I love black cats and think they're perfectly cheerful. Maybe just the face of the woman.

Anyway, I think you can read this in a number of different ways, so please let me know which way it read to you, if you feel up to it. I have my own ideas, but I don't want to bias anyone, and frankly if I couldn't work it into the story as written it doesn't deserve to be there.


Speaking of the story as written, you can go over to Max's (everybody comes to Max's) to see other takes on the picture and challenge, and maybe to throw your own hat into the ring. I'm linking to the challenge page as always (because I post this before Max posts his roundup) but you're smart. You can find the others.

2 comments:

  1. I'll hold my theories until everyone else has a chance to read it, but I think I've seen that cat before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and thoughtful take, as always.
    Happy FFF!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome all criticism but the non-constructive kind isn't terribly interesting to read, so if you've got nothing to say but a quality judgment please share but keep it short. That applies to the positive sort too. We love you all.